Tuesday, July 3, 2007

July 3rd--

Evie has been going to bed at 8:00, sleeping until 12:00, pounding a bottle, then going back to bed until 8:00 or 9;00. All in all, I really can't complain about that! :) Abby is finally back on a normal sleeping pattern... going to bed at 8:30 and up at 7:00. We're all pretty much rested here.

Evie will now look at the dogs without screaming, she even pet Aspen today. :) She also learned that it was funny to throw them some food. That one might not be such a good trick. LOL! David has been very busy the past couple of days, so Evie has been with me all day. She's finally coming around, and only pouts and lets out an unhappy cry once when David leaves. I took her to the barn today because Abby was desperate to ride..... I put Evie in the back pack and we all went on a 2 mile trail ride with me leading the pony. Abby was thrilled, Evie was amazed, and I was happy to be doing things that we enjoy as a family.

Evie has her Dr.'s appt on Monday, so hopefully that goes well. As far as I can tell, she has the gross motor development of a 7 month old, and the fine motor development of a 8 or 9 month old. Not too bad.

She's put on a pound and a half since her Dr.'s appt in China, and her cheeks are starting to get pudgy. I swear she is getting her leg rolls back. She sings all the time, and makes a very specific sound when she wants more food.
She doesn't seem to want much meat, and has a real preference for pastas and breads. I've gotta ask the Dr. about vitamins, and how much of her protiens, etc. that she is getting from her current diet.
She is sitting all the time, holding herself up, and hasn't flopped over once since we've been home. She is really starting to play with toys, and will even sit in the supersaucer for 6-8 minutes, which is a miracle for us. LOL!

We are planning to have her 1st birthday/Welcome home party on the 5th of August. We're going to rent one of the big bouncys that you see at the fairs.

I hope I didn't bore everyone to tears with the Blow-by-Blow of Evie's first week at home.

I would've made this post more creative and flowing, but I'm typing over a kitten who is leaning on the keyboard. I've m0ved him 6 times, and he keeps coming back, so I'm just going with it at this point.

Happy 4th, everyone!!!!!


Rosehawk72 said...

I'm really glad to hear that everyone is getting back to normal. I miss you and can't wait to see you all. Love ya!

Allme, brutha said...

Looks like it's going well

Sarah said...

Sleep and routine are wonderful things aren't they? I am so glad that things are going well. Evie is a lucky girl!

"MissMeliss" said...

I've been trying to follow along with your journey, 'cause I'm in the same boat. Mia and I came home June 28. It's been a wild ride so far and I love her to pieces. I go back to work this week and a a nervous wreck.

Would love to chat.