Friday, March 26, 2010

Pheromones

Evie saw a spider on the playrug tonight. She ran to me, with the face of "SAVEMESAVEMESAVEME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" that every mother knows will have traumatic results at bedtime as the horror is revisted... again and again until around midnight when they pass out.

After *gently* pitching a towl over the spider, squelching my own squeals of horror in order to maintain a calm demeanor, I threw the towel, spider and all, outside.

I knew I had better put a good spin on the spider story in order to forstall a bedtime fiasco.
"Sweatpea, it's gone now. He just got lost and I had to help him find his way back outside."


"But what if he comes back? What if he follows the trail? Like the one they can smell but not see? Like ants do?"


Take a moment and let that sink in. My three year old just discussed pheromones. I'm in trouble.

After soccer practice with the boys' team tonight, Abby was telling me that there were so many very cute boys at soccer.

Take a moment and let that sink in. My nine year old just discussed pheromones.
I'm in trouble.

1 comment:

eula_w said...

Cheysu, you are really in a trouble.

That's what do pheromones work. :)