Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Make a Home

I have spent almost 5 years home raising my girls, taking care of my family and finding out exactly how green the grass can be.

I'm grateful for the time I've had with my girls. I am also unfazed by admitting that it is time that I returned to work and carved out a future for us now that we are all ready for it.

I will be contracting with an amazing firm, SystemTec, and working for a company that is so wonderful that it made me say, "I want to be a Duck!" Seriously. I said that. In an interview. It makes sense if you know the company. ;)

If you have the opportunity to stay home when your children are young, I can tell you to embrace every moment and hold tight tight tight. Life was never so terrifying or a moment so laden with responsibility as when I knew I. was. the. home. Now it is time to let go and move forward on a new journey. I am beyond excited, and nervous and grateful for yet another gift that, while given, has also been earned. A good friend told me that it all happens for a reason. I laughed. I cried. I swore a bit, but she was right. It was the right opportunity at the right time.


My thoughts, penned by Neil Gaimon, in Instructions

When you reach the little house, the place your

journey started,

you will recognize it, although it will seem

much smaller than you remember.

Walk up the path, and through the garden gate

you never saw before but once.

And then go home. Or make a home.

And rest.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chey, the girls will be more than fine; this will let them spread their wings a bit. And, at least the one of them will benefit greatly by deploying her landing gear more often.

Anyway, five years from now when you are successful and famous, and flying high in your Aston Martin Vantage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1gcWhMrSfg -- German cars are so ... functional ... I'm sure you'll get one with soul) please remember us trogs you met along the way, sliding sideways and and occasionally catching air in our Scoobys (http://vimeo.com/5450827).

This is one of those moments, fixed in time, that you cannot change -- not even the good Doctor can change it. Have fun with it; roll with it.

Enough semicolons. Time for no worries and cheers!