Sunday, June 26, 2011

Warrior Dash 2011

Warrior Dash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 weeks ago, I got it in my head to run the Warrior Dash. A 5k race with outrageous obstacles, including a military climbing wall, mud pit under barbed wire and a wall of fire, it sounded like fun. I wasn't sure I could do it, so in order to make sure I did I followed a careful plan:

1. Conscript a friend to do it with me. (misery...company)
2. Tell other people about it. (with so many people cheering you on, its harder to bag out of it)
3. Run every day, no matter what (even when you don't have 5 spare minutes)
4. Hire a personal trainer to MAKE you push it every step of the way

And I am happy to say that after 8 weeks of listening to me whine about it, my friends and family can say that they have survived the Warrior Dash with me!!!

And there is photographic evidence!!!!
Before the race, after the race...covered in mud, at the post race celebration with the Xena runners and my friends.... even surrounded by a group of Spartans complete with swords..... it was a great day







1 comment:

The Captain's Wife said...

You ROCK! I have been seeing your FB updates about working out and running a lot. Looks like it was a ton of fun.

I did not post previously, however I am terribly sorry about all the personal life stuff you are going through. I know you, and I know you only make the best decisions for you and your girls. But wanted you to know I am thinking of you and sending HUGS~