Saturday, June 23, 2007

White Swan - evening update

Hello again;
Just wanted to let everyone know,we're still trying to get the pictures through..apparently they are going the same place that socks do when they go in the wash....they disappear! hopefully I'll be able to get them and post them up soon. and I'll call the airline today about the seating...ohhh you betcha' *G*
*We now return you to the update already in progress...* -Deb


Night time update:

I’m attaching some pictures from our dinner tonight…. Damn the kid is cute. (Of course I can say that because she’s starting to cuddle up to me now, and that oooogly feeling gets me all mushy. Sigh. Baby smell.) She is so smart that I can’t even begin to describe it. She is definitely trying to talk, she has very specific sounds for when she wants something. She is trying to grab the spoon, and sometimes she even manages to get it into her mouth. If I’m holding her and David is around, she SCREAMS and shakes her hand. David walks out and closes the door. She sits up, stops screaming, and begins to play. ;) Our guide told us that she must have figured out long ago how to get attention from the orphanage workers, and that when they weren’t around, there was no point in crying, so she didn’t bother. I can’t wait for all of you to see just how expressive her little face is.
Oh, and she is currently 14.8 pounds. I told you she was tiny. I think Peyton was 15 pounds at 2 months. ;)

Funny note, people have stopped David to tell him how much Evie looks like him. HEY………. Our oldest looks just like Daddy, and I traveled halfway around the world for a new baby and……..she looks like David, too. LOL!

On another side note, if anyone has any pull with Continental airlines, we’re TRYING to have our seats assigned on the bulkhead for the trip back, but the airline says we just have to ask at the check-in desk and hope. WTF?? A 14 hour flight with an infant and a six year old with people on all sides of us, and no room to even sit up straight?!? Sigh. Flight 98 on Wednesday, from Hong Kong to Newark…. C’mon, Deb, help me out here! LOL!

I’m going to sign off for now. I’m sorry I haven’t posted as much as I wanted to, it’s just very,very,very busy on this trip. I have to run, I’ll post tonight. - Mary

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tell David that he had better have his arms in shape because it sounds like he may have to hold Evie all the way home.