Friday, May 16, 2008

Is This A Bad Omen?

I came home yesterday evening with the kids, fresh off a few hours at the park. We went for a walk in the woods and then to the pond to feed the fishies. We spent an hour or so ripping our shoulder muscles trying to skip rocks. (My personal record is six times skipping...... I'm very proud of that.) Abby managed two skips on five seperate occasions. It was her VERY first time successfully skipping rocks, and from a mother's point of view, I'm pretty damn happy about that. Evie launched some boulders into the pond. There's a career in athletics for her, I'm certain of it.

But onto the omen.

We got home, and as I got Evie unbuckled from the truck I looked up for a second to glory in the springtime green of the trees.

Then I saw it.


A gigantic vulture. Directly above me.

First the spear-from-hell dangling above me in the treetops, now a vulture.

Is someone trying to tell me something?!?!?!?

2 comments:

Dingo Deb said...

heheee I think you probably all set until you her a disembodied whisoer of...."Getttt Ouuutttt"
.....then,I would say running would be the perfect action.

Anonymous said...

Can she teach Walker to skip rocks?