Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Little Things

Here are just a few things that I've had happen this week.

Number 1. Me: Abby, can I have a kiss?
Abby: No. I just don't feel very joyful right now.

Ummm.....huh?

Number 2. The base situation: My favorite two pairs of jeans cannot be worn in public. The knees are completely ripped through, and the bestes pair has a huge hole in the ass. (yeah, I wear jeans a lot, but really the problem is that I like jeans that are really really broken in and soft, which means that they rip easily.)
My third favorite pair of jeans have a small oil stain on the thigh, so can't be worn in public if I want to look clean.
The answer to the base situation: I buy a new pair of jeans. I don't like them nearly as much. Actually I kind of hate them, but they have knees and an ass, and apparently that's expected.
The escalating situation: Abby had her Spring Festival at school, but at the last minute I realized that I left my new pair of jeans at my mom's. In desperation, I grabbed the third fav. pair........ the ones with the oil stain on the thigh.
Red Alert: As I bent over to pick up Evie, a hole ripped in the ass.

Seriously people, I couldn't make this up if I tried.

I ended up remembering the other pair of jeans that I had. Clean, crisp, and fitted like a frikken steel band around my hips. I had to wear them for two hours sitting on a blanket at the Spring Festival. Not. Comfy.

All in all my week has been hurried, harried, and horrendous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The other night when Ashley was babysitting, Abby asked if Ashley would spend more time with her. Ashley explained that she has been busy with track and soccer this year. Abby asked her if that was "more important than spending time with family."

Another non-joyful moment. You are in a world of hurt as she gets older.

Anonymous said...

As far as the jeans go... Apparently your ass is just meant to be seen in public.

Walker will NEVER win an argument with Abby but... he gets alot of practice with me.