Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Kid is Trying to Kill Me

We have an attic over our house, the kind with the pull down wodden stairs that, when folded, go flush with the ceiling. Attics suck, but its better than no storage space at all.
Well, over the weekend as I was turning Evie's baby room into Evie's Big Girl room, I had to go up to the attic to retrieve Abby's old bed guard. You know, the mesh guard that keeps little kids from falling out of big beds in the middle of the night.

So I'm in the attic, about to climb back down with my safety-thing. I take a quick peek down the attic stairs/ladder to the hallway to remind myself that its a long fall off of rickety wood stairs to a tile floor. Evie was standing in the hallway looking up at me and smiling. I smiled back and turned. My foot was hovering around the third rung when a warning bell went off in my brain.

what was she holding that was shiny??
I brought my foot back up and sat on the floor of the attic, looking down.

"Evie, what are holding?"
"This, Mommy," she giggled.

Evie then holds up a metal bracket in one hand, and a fistful of nuts and bolts in the other.

My kid had dismantled the bottom 4 rungs of the stairs/ladder. It was holding on by the one remaining bracket with no nuts or bolts at all. I think she's trying to kill me.

And yes, I had to jump.

1 comment:

Rosehawk72 said...

Oh my gosh!! Are you ok? And did you hurt yourself laughing once you were down and done not killing her?