Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Roof, The Roof, The Roof is Under Water!

I love the rain. I sleep in peace when it rains.
I love the snow. It makes everyone slow down, stop and play in complete stillness.

I do not love it when the snow melts and creates an Ice Dam which then causes RAIN in my home.

For years I have watched the AllState commercials. You know, the ones that say, "You're in good hands, with Allstate." It always made me feel safe.

I can now honestly say that, yes indeed, we are in Good Hands... and a great big whopping Thank You to AllState.

And now I leave you all with the vision of me, watching the water run down my walls. It ran directly down, stubbornly clinging to one surface on a single minded path. I knew that if I could just guide the water into a bowl, I could at least save myself the trouble of mopping floors every hour until the Insurance Mitigation Team could get there to do their job.

I needed a sluice of some kind, to gather the water and direct it to one of 11 bowls on my floor.

What did I have that could make a sluice?



Yeah. That's right. I used the sluice from the MouseTrap Game. I taped it to my wall and forced the water to run into a bucket.

Tomorrow the adjuster from AllState comes to the house to assess the damage and we can begin making repairs.


I'm a hardy New Englander but, seriously, I'm all done with winter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:?(

moosh said...

And yet, you've now officially had more fun than anyone in the history of the game! (Tell me I'm not the only one who was always terribly disappointed by Mousetrap)